The Bulk Email Finder functionality allows to find multiple email addresses from a list of names and companies or domains. Let us show you how to perform your first Bulk Email Finder:
Go to the Bulk section of your account.
- Click the Access button in the Email Finder section.
- Select + New bulk.
- Set a List Name in the text box and create a .csv file using only commas or semicolons as column delimiters.
- Your .csv file should contain the first name and last name (or one single columns for the full name) and the company or website (domain name) in another column.
- Click Select a file...
- Choose the .csv or .txt file you want to use for the email finder and hit upload.
- You’ll now have to match the columns with the fields in the drop-down menus. Please check The first row is for the headers box if needed.
- Select Download and save the file.
- Open the file in Excel or a similar software.
How to read your Email Finder file
The .csv file with the email addresses generated by Hunter contains 5 fields. Let’s have a look at them together:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address: this is the email address found by Email Hunter.
- Confidence score: an indicator for the deliverability of the email (in %).
Best practices to ensure the highest accuracy
The Bulk Email Finder functionality relies on the data provided in the CSV file and to ensure the best data quality there are some guidelines to follow:
- Check that all required fields are completed and do not mix domains with company emails. Just choose a method and apply it to the whole document.
- If using full names, ensure that middle names are removed as only the First and Last name is required.
- Ensure that all rows do not contain blank cells. No names, company name or domains should be empty.
- If using company names make sure to remove additional characters such as LLC, brackets, slashes, that are not allowing Hunter to extract the correct company name. A good company name is "Company" and not "Company Ltd".
- Use domains when possible instead of company names as this will guarantee the best performances in Hunter.
To sum things up
The Bulk Email Finder functionality help you to find the email address of a specific person. To do this it only requires the first/last name of and the website or domain of the person you are looking for.
Few tips for a better Bulk Email Finder experience
- It's recommended to use the domain name instead of the company name.
- You can find up to 150,000 email addresses per file. Additional rows will be skipped.
- Make sure to avoid using special characters as they may be deleted in the file.